Basic Terms of Sale
All sales are final! 60 day part replacement and warranty.
No returns on electrical parts, replacement on defective electrical parts. Electrical parts are sold “as is” and are not guaranteed to solve your electric problem. Cottons Auto Sales accepts no responsibility for improper diagnosis or installation.
The purchaser hereby understands that due to the nature of used auto parts any liability of Cottons Auto Sales from all causes shall be limited to the price paid for the goods sold or provided. If a part is sold “defective” liability shall be limited to the replacement of the part or a remedy not to exceed the price paid at Cottons Auto Sales option.
- All sheet metal, glass and body parts are sold as is.
- Non-rebuildable or incomplete cores will be accepted for credit or core charge.
- Damaged or “altered” parts are not warranted.
- Keep your receipt. No claim or warranty without it or receipt number.
- No claim made on body parts, color or trim packages. 60 day warranty
- Unless stated otherwise on receipt, no other warranty is made or implicated.
- Cottons Auto Sales is not responsible for buyer error we do not sell parts to trouble shooting.
- No labor or installation material guaranteed or loss of income wages, or salary or rental car charges. No warranty or labor.
Buyer affirms before he has entered into this agreement seller requested that he examines the parts to ascertain whether there were defects therin that seller afforded to buyer and an adequate opportunity, to make such examination before he entered into this agreement that examined goods as he fully desires for the purpose of determining whether there are defects.
Seller states that in no way guarantees on warranty used merchandise for apparent or no apparent safety hazards and affirmatively states that used parts or merchandise sold may have safety hazards and is responsibility of buyer to inspect for actual or latent safety hazards or have an expert to inspect (ie SRS restraint system, air bags). A qualified installer must install the SRS the vehicles manufactures specifications any SRS that is not installed correctly will subject passengers in vehicle risks of a serious injury, including death. The purchaser of an SRS assumes all risks of damage or injuries which may rise as a result of improper installation of SRS.
The year and model printed on invoice is within a range of interchangeability and may not be exactly the model and year as the part or vehicle that has been provided.
- A vin # (vehicle identification number) may be required to fill orders. The vin is located in corner windshield on title and registration.
- A vehicles production date maybe required to fill some orders. This part is located on the driver side inside driver’s door Cottons Auto Sales is not responsible for orders where incorrect production date was given.
- Proper operation of the cooling system and electrical system must be checked during the installation of products that can be affected by those systems.
- Tie rod ends, ball joints, wheel bearings and bushings related to steering components are not covered by warranty and should be inspected and replaced as needed by installer guaranteed to be good at time of purchase.
- All tires are sold as is and cannot be covered by warranty.
- Starter, alternators, and AC compressors have 60 day warranty. If seal is busted or leaking due to overfill the warranty is void. If starter solenoid is removed or tampered with warranty is void.
- Rear ends (differentials) are guaranteed to work properly at time of purchase. Gears are guaranteed to be in good condition, bearings to be without material noise. Warranty covered for 60 days.
- Radiators and heaters are guaranteed not to be cracked or leaked for 60 days. Auto accident or collision void for 60 days.
To protect your warranty a heat tab has been installed on each engine. The center of this heat tab melts at 260° in the event the heat tab has melted thus showing extreme engine overheating or the heat tab has been tampered with the warranty is VOID.
Used engines are guaranteed not to have a rod knock, cracked, block and excessive smoking for a period of 60 days from the date of purchase. Parts external to the cylinder head and cylinder block carburetor, distributor, water pump, wires or ignition parts, sensors, exhaust manifolds are not warranted. These are left on the engine for the installer’s convenience only.
It is recommended to replace timing belt and rear and main seal and inspect gaskets prior to inspections.
No warranty on timing belt, seals, gaskets, fluids, or coolant
This part may have accessories attached that have to be switched to allow proper installation.
All conditions listed under “terms of sale” above apply.
Freight shipping is non- refundable.
Transmissions are warranted 60 days from time of purchase.
Transmission gear is guaranteed to be in good working order. Warranty voids if installed incorrectly causing torque convertor to ruin or damage front pump warranty does not cover this.
While most fluids have been drained from our products it is buyers responsibility to completely drain and replace fluids lubricants, antifreeze, and filters with fresh replacements, clean and approved by vehicle manufacturer.
It is responsibility of the buyer to replace the radiator or transmission flush the transmission oil, cooler lines, adjust shifter mechanism, replace filters, replace seals, replace pan gaskets, and reset or replace computer codes when installing a transmission.
All conditions listed under terms of sale above apply.
Freight shipping is non-refundable.
Standard Trade Practices of the Auto Dismantling Industry and Seller
A reasonable cash deposit is required for orders where parts must be removed or ordered from other sources.
Exchange parts must be turned in at the time of purchase, or a core-change will be made. The core charge will be refunded if the exchange parts are bought in within 10 days. The refund of the core charge will not include sales tax.
Engines are guaranteed against rod knock, cracked block, and excessive smoking for a period of 60 days from the date of purchase. Engine accessories are not guaranteed.
Transmissions are guaranteed to work properly at the time of purchase; gears are guaranteed to be in good condition at time of purchase.
Rear ends are guaranteed to work properly at time of purchase, gears guaranteed to be in good condition at time of purchase, bearings are guaranteed to be without material noise at time of purchase.
Starters, generators, alternators, guaranteed to work at all time of purchase. There is no responsibility for improper installation, faulty voltage regulator, or poor electrical connection by customer.
Radiators and heaters are guaranteed not to leak at time of purchase. Batteries are guaranteed to hold charge.
THERE IS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPROPER INSTALLATION OR USAGE AFTER TIME OF PURCHASE. SELLER IS NOT LIABLE FOR AND PURCHASE WAIVES ALL CLAIMS FOR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHICH RESULT FROM THE SCALE OF THE ABOVE PARTS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LABOR CHARGES TO INSTALL OR REMOVE THE PARTS LOSS OF INCOME WAGES OR SALARY OR CAR RENTAL CHARGES BUYER’S SOLE REMEDY AGAINST SELLER SHALL BE A RETURN OF THE PRICE ON THE FORNT SIDE OF THIS INVOICE OR AN EXCHANGE OF A REPLACEMENT PART IF TIMELY RETURNED TO SELLER. THERE ARE NOT WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE DESCRIPTION ON THE FACE HEREOF.
Parts must be clearly designated “rebuilt” to quality for overhauled guarantee.
Parts may not be returned after 10 days from date of this invoice unless otherwise stated in writing at time of purchase. These parts are subject to acceptance by dismantler and are subject to 15% handling charge if accepted. Parts other than those originally sold or which have been altered or damaged are not acceptable for return. Body sections which have been cut off to order are not returnable. The parts must be in the same condition as when sold upon return. It is agreed that the sole determiner of condition for return seller. Buyer agrees to any inspections or method of inspection dictated by seller has the right not to accept returned used merchandise if in seller’s discretion, he believes condition of used merchandise has changed from date of sale.
Claims for adjustment or return due to defective or improper parts must be made in writing within 60 days of time of purchase, unless other specific arrangements were made in writing all time of purchase.
All used parts or merchandise must be inspected by buyer for defects or safety hazards. Seller states that it in no way guarantees or warrants used merchandise for apparent or non-apparent safety hazards and affirmatively states that used parts or merchandise sold may have safety hazards, and it is the responsibility of buyer to inspect for actual or latent safety hazards or hire an expert to so inspect.
Buyers affirm that before he has entered into this agreement. Seller requested that he examine the parts or merchandise, to ascertain whether there were defects therein; that seller afforded to buyer and adequate opportunity to make such examination before her entered into this agreement and that he has examined the goods fully as he desires for the purpose of determining whether there are defects.
No warranty on labor.